Are you interested in taking classes in the Arts this summer?
Are you concerned about the cost of the programs?
The Arts Fund for Region One wants to help!
The Arts Fund for Region One is a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing arts related experiences for all students in Region One. To date the Arts Fund has granted more than $ 60,000 in scholarship assistance to Region One students pursuing interests in the arts.
The Arts Fund does not offer classes for students. It provides funding for students to attend classes of their choice. Students are free to choose programs in and outside the region which pertain to their interests. In the past the Arts Fund has provided funding for students to attend programs and workshops in dance, drama, music, art, photography and writing. Some programs students have attended in the past are:
- The Center for Creative Youth at Wesleyan University
- Performance Plus
- The Youtheatre Camp of TriArts in Sharon
- Falls Village Children’s Theatre
- The Litchfield Jazz and Performing Arts Center
- Buck’s Rock Camp
- The Digipen 3-D Animation Workshop
- Hartford Art School
- Berklee Music School
- Stage Door Manor House
- Grumbling Gryphons
- Barrington Stage
- National Guitar Workshop
- The Pre College Summer Institute
- The American Dance Festival at Duke University
- The Nutmeg Conservatory for the Arts
- Arts in Motion
- Red Barn Art Program
- Creative Kidz
- Kent School Writing Program
- Individual music and voice lessons.
If you are interested in applying for an Arts Fund Scholarships please visit www.berkshiretaconic.org to fill out an application. Questions may be directed to Michele Wendling (Berkshire Taconic Community Foundation) at 413-229-0370 or Linda Peppe at email@example.com or at 860-824-5774.
The application deadline is May 1, 2015.